Friday, November 13, 2009

Flipping over the record

Today I had the day off and decided to use the time to take my own advice. I took a "pause." This past week has been crazy and I've become a victim of my own sense of responsibility and accountability. I need to pull back on both those traits because I tend to over do it. Yesterday, I was a physical wreck... tense, stiff, sore and generally exhausted. So, for my day off, I slept. I slept in to 9:30am, got up, took and shower, went to see my chiropractor, then came home and slept for three more hours, followed by reading for another two. My body and mind seriously needed the rest.

The important thing to note is that we ALL have to take pause. Those who practice and teach yoga are not exempt, but we're possibly more aware of the warning signs. Sometimes I wonder if ignorance would be bliss, but then again that's what naps are for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment