Sunday, November 15, 2009

Give and you shall receive

It's an honor to teach yoga.  I still marvel at the fact that I actually went through teacher training several years ago and now teach 5 classes a week.  I'm honored by the attendance of my regulars.  When I talk in class, I'm not pontificating from on high, but sharing my own journey.  It's not hard to figure out my current struggle based on the theme of a class.  Last week, I talked about taking pause and used Pink Floyd's The Wall to illustrate my point.  Today in my hatha flow class, one of my students presented me with a poem he wrote called "Take Pause."  Ed's a local poet whose works can be found posted around town and he gave me permission to share this with you....

Take Pause
Ed Seymour, 11/2009

Hold onto it
use it
In all you do
And you will see

Pause
In movement
allows
recentering

Pause
In breathing
builds
your volume

Pause
In thinking
opens doors
that were closed

Pause
In striving
causes
reconsideration

Pause
In walking
affords
time to see

Pause
In flow
allows
things to settle

Pause
onto itself
is a jewel
to study

Needless to say, having a student write a poem in reaction to a class I taught inspires me to take pause.  We all have the potential to impact others when we least expect it.  That's heady stuff.  Be good to those whose paths you cross and pay attention to what they may teach you when you're least expecting it.

Namaste, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment